Sahakar Mitra Scheme
Ministry of Agriculture and Farmer’s Welfare launched Sahakar Mitra Scheme in June 2020 aiming to help both young professionals and the cooperatives. Also called the Scheme of Internship Programme, Sahakar Mitra is a summer internship scheme for students and young professionals to provide them with the chance to acquire work-related learning experience. It is a four-month paid internship where the interns would be given the opportunity to provide innovative solutions to the corporate sector. National Cooperative Development Corporation would be running the programme as the responsible authority.
Sahakar Mitra Scheme
1. To teach the interns about the role, importance and contribution of the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC)
2. To provide them practical working experience with the NCDC.
3. To engage professional graduates in cooperative business model orientation
4. To engage the interns with start up opportunities.
5. To encourage the interns to take up leadership roles in Farmer Producers Organisation.
6. Capacity Development in cooperative sectors
7. To assist blooming cooperatives with innovative business plans and providing assured project loans on liberalized terms to startups.
8.To promote Prime Minister’s idea of Vocal for Local.
The people passing the following criteria are eligible for the scheme.
MBA degree pursuers and MBA degree holding professionals in field of Agri-business, Finance, International Trade, Forestry, Project Management, Rural Development, and M.COM and MCA degree holders.
Professional graduates having at least a bachelor degree from any recognized university in disciplines such as Agriculture, Dairy, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Sciences, Horticulture, Fisheries, Textile, Handloom and Information Technology.
1. An amount of Rs. 45000 is provided to support the interns during the four month internship
60 individuals are trained under the programme
2. If an intern is chosen once, they can not be reselected for the Sahakar Mitra Scheme.
3. Eligible people can register through the National Cooperative Development Organisations website.
The Sahakar Mitra Scheme is expected to be a win win situation for both the professional individuals and the budding cooperatives.
Break the Newz.